- Research Progress of Cementing Additives and Special Cement Slurry System (Part 3)
- Research Progress of Cementing Additives and Special Cement Slurry System (Part 2)
- Research progress of cementing additives and special cement slurry system (Part 1)
- Opportunities and Challenges for Oil and Gas Companies
- Chemical Synthesis of Drag Reducer
- Function of Dispersant
- Fluid Loss Additive
- Polyacrylamide (PAM)
- Cement Reinforcing Agent from ZORANOC (Part 2）
- Cement reinforcing agent from ZORANOC (Part 1)
Polyacrylamide is a high molecular water-soluble polymer, insoluble in most organic solvents, with good flocculation, which can reduce the friction resistance between liquids. According to the ionic characteristics, it can be divided into four types: non-ionic, anionic, cationic and amphoteric.
The application scope of polyacrylamide is very strong
1. For paper industry, one is to improve the retention rate of fillers and pigments. In order to reduce the loss of raw materials and environmental pollution; second, improve the strength of the paper (including dry strength and wet strength); in addition, the use of PAM can also improve the tear resistance and porosity of the paper, so as to improve the visual and printing properties. It is also used in food and tea packaging paper.
2. It is widely used in oil industry, oil production, drilling mud, waste mud treatment, preventing water channeling, reducing friction, enhancing oil recovery and tertiary oil recovery.
3. It is used for textile sizing agent, with stable sizing performance, less size drop, low end breakage rate and smooth cloth surface.
4. PAM is also widely used in thickening, colloid stabilization, rent reduction, adhesion, film-forming, biomedical materials and so on.
5. In other industries and food industry, it is used in cane juice clarification, syrup phosphorus floating extraction, enzyme preparation fermentation liquid flocculation clarification industry in the production of cane sugar and beet sugar. It is also used in the recovery of feed protein with stable quality and good performance. The recovered protein powder has no adverse effect on the survival rate, weight gain and egg production of chickens, synthetic resin coating, civil grouting materials, water plugging, building materials industry, Improve the quality of cement, construction adhesives, joint filling repair and water plugging agent, soil improvement, electroplating industry, printing and dyeing industry, etc.
Polyacrylamide selection scheme and precautions:
(1) The selection of flocculant must fully consider the requirements of process and equipment.
(2) The molecular weight of flocculant can be increased to improve the strength of flocs.
(3) The charge value of flocculant must be selected by experiment.
(4) Climate change (temperature) affects the selection of flocculants.
(5) The molecular weight of the flocculant was selected according to the floc size required by the treatment process.
(6) Before treatment, flocculant must be fully mixed with sludge and dissolved.
How to use polyacrylamide and precautions:
(1) Through small-scale test, determine the best model, as well as the best dosage of the product.
(2) 1% (refers to solid content) concentration of water solution, neutral water without salt is suitable.
(3) When dissolving water, the product is evenly sprinkled into the stirred water, and the solution can be quickly formed by appropriately heating (60 ℃).
(4) Solid products are packed in polypropylene woven bags, lined with plastic bags, each bag is 25kgs, and colloidal products are packed in plastic barrels, lined with plastic bags, each barrel is 50kgs or 200Kgs
(5) This product is hygroscopic and should be sealed in a cool and dry place with the temperature lower than 35 ℃.
(6) Solid products should not be scattered on the ground, so as not to make the ground slippery after absorbing moisture.
(7) When preparing PAM aqueous solution, it should be carried out in enamel, galvanized, aluminum or plastic barrels, not in iron containers.
(8) When dissolving, pay attention to evenly and slowly add the product into the dissolver with stirring and heating measures, avoid solidification, prepare the solution at appropriate temperature, and avoid long-term excessive mechanical shear. It is suggested that the agitator should be 60-200 rpm, otherwise the polymer will be degraded and the use effect will be affected.
(9) PAM aqueous solution should be used and prepared on the spot. When the solution is stored for a long time, its performance will gradually decrease depending on the water quality.
(10) After adding flocculant aqueous solution to the suspension, if it is stirred vigorously for a long time, the formed flocculation will be destroyed.
Anionic polyacrylamide (APAM) Product Description: the appearance of APAM is white particles, molecular weight from 6 million to 25 million, good water solubility, can be dissolved in water in any proportion and insoluble in organic solvents. The effective pH range is 7 to 14, which is characterized by high polymer electrolyte in neutral alkaline medium, sensitive to salt electrolyte, and crosslinked with high valence metal ions to form insoluble gel.