- Research Progress of Cementing Additives and Special Cement Slurry System (Part 3)
- Research Progress of Cementing Additives and Special Cement Slurry System (Part 2)
- Research progress of cementing additives and special cement slurry system (Part 1)
- Opportunities and Challenges for Oil and Gas Companies
- Chemical Synthesis of Drag Reducer
- Function of Dispersant
- Fluid Loss Additive
- Polyacrylamide (PAM)
- Cement Reinforcing Agent from ZORANOC (Part 2）
- Cement reinforcing agent from ZORANOC (Part 1)
The role of dispersant is to use wetting dispersant to reduce the time and energy required to complete the dispersion process, stabilize the dispersed pigment dispersion, modify the surface properties of pigment particles, and adjust the mobility of pigment particles . It is embodied in the following aspects:
1. Enhance the gloss and increase the leveling effect. The actual gloss mainly depends on the light scattering of the coating surface (i.e. a certain flatness can be used). Of course, if the particle size is less than 1 / 2 of the incident light (the value is uncertain), the detector should not only consider the number and shape of the primary particles, but also consider their combination mode, In the same way, the covering power provided by scattering will not increase (except that carbon black mainly depends on absorbing light, organic pigments forget). Note: the incident light refers to the range of visible light leveling is not good; but pay attention to the reduction of the number of primary particles is to reduce its structural viscosity, but the increase of specific surface will reduce the number of free resin. It is not good to say whether there is a balance point. However, the leveling of powder coatings is not the finer the better.
2. Prevent floating color from blooming.
3. In order to improve the coloring power, the higher the tinting power is, the better it is.
4. Reduce viscosity and increase pigment loading.
5. However, the finer the particles are, the higher the surface energy of the particles is, the higher the dispersing agent with higher adsorption strength is needed, but the dispersant with too high adsorption strength may cause adverse effects on the performance of the film.
6. In fact, the reason for increasing the storage stability is similar to the above. Once the stability strength of dispersant is not enough, the storage stability will become worse (of course, it is no problem from your picture).
7. Increase the color development, color saturation, transparency (organic pigments) or hiding power (inorganic pigments).TEGO Dispers
The wetting dispersant helps to keep the pigment wet and stable, prevent floating color from blooming and settling, maintain stable pigment covering power and color strength during storage, and ensure maximum color yield and minimum grinding steps. Because these additives can reduce the viscosity and increase the pigment concentration to the maximum when dispersing, the coatings and pigment concentrates are more cost-effective. Tegodispers 757w is recommended for the production of concentrated water-based pigment paste. For corrosion-resistant waterborne coatings, it is also the preferred product. Like tegodispers 750W and tegodispers 755 W, they can meet the highest optical and rheological performance requirements. Tegodispers 65x series is the current standard product without ethoxyalkylphenol for general purpose colorants which are suitable for both solvent based and water-based formulations. Tegodispers 656, 670 and 685 are particularly suitable for modern solvent based formulations. In UV system, tegodispers 685 is suitable for all pigments, and tegodispers 688 is suitable for matting powder. All tegodispers products are free of ethoxyalkylphenols.